Dr. Milton Friedman once famously argued that the sole purpose of a business is to generate profits for its shareholders. Christian marketplace leaders understand that God calls us to a bolder purpose – not just strong financial performance, but industry leadership and community stewardship that maximizes Kingdom return for all of an organization’s stakeholders.
The At Work on Purpose Institute serves Christian leaders seeking to:
- Embrace their Kingdom assignment in the marketplace.
- Express an organization’s full purpose beyond profitability.
- Embed Biblically based standards of operational excellence.
- Enhance the health of their corporate culture.
- Extend organizational resources for community flourishing.
The Institute program will be an extended course of applied study with group training, individualized coaching, and on-site implementation support at participating organizations. The equipping faculty and implementation specialists will be proven professionals with extensive track records, evident spiritual maturity, and exceptional capacity to translate Christian growth principles into secularized marketplace practices.
A BIG DREAM
Our vision for this Institute is nothing short of transforming the corporate landscape for nations around the world. On the one hand, we celebrate organizations like:
- Chick-fil-A, which pioneered the spiritual boundary of fast food restaurants closed on Sabbath Sunday, and ministers through exceptional customer service.
- Hobby Lobby, which successfully petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court for a religious exemption to the contraceptive mandate of the Affordable Care Act.
- U.S. Plastics, which successfully secured legislation allowing the IRS to designate God as the primary shareholder of a United States Corporation.
- LeTourneau Technologies, synonymous with earthmoving equipment, and whose faithful founder R.G. LeTourneau endowed LeTourneau University.
On the other hand, Kingdom companies like these are few and far between. At Work on Purpose is out to change this as we broaden the vision, deepen the commitment, and accelerate the progress of Christian marketplace leaders around the world. Come join us!